San Francisco Zen Center is a collection of three practice centers offering Zen meditation, training and programs in San Francisco, Marin and Carmel Valley. We have an immediate opening at our San Francisco center for a full-time administrator of our reservations and registration processes for Tassajara (our Carmel Valley location), training included.
All three SFZC locations have events, workshops, retreats and classes throughout the year, related to deepening and understanding Soto-Zen Buddhist principles and paths of study. The Reservations Coordinator is the primary overseer of reservations and registration processes/systems for these events and serves as an important liaison between the guests, the practice centers, and the Programs department staff.
This position, as Reservation Coordinator for Tassajara, is responsible for: overseeing the reservations processes and crew/staff for Tassajara Zen Mountain Center; facilitating mail-in, online and phone reservations; managing finances, refunds, outstanding balances and invoices; reporting attendance and availability for the Tassajara Summer Guest Season; establishing and communicating welcome to guests/program participants, and ensuring that they are able to make their reservations by mail, phone and online successfully; supporting marketing efforts; and providing continuity, documentation and reference material for succession during the season. Ultimately, growth into a larger expression of the role with a multi-site managerial presence in collaboration with the two other locations is desired.
– Professional experience in customer service and reservations/reception.
– Strong affinity and experience with computer-related tasks and basic business/office technology and procedures.
– Able to communicate effectively with guests (customer service), as part of a team/department, and as crew leader.
– Well-organized, detailed-orientated, and committed to quality improvement processes.
– Flexible schedule required to insure adequate coverage of extended phone hours (including weekends sometimes) and priority responsiveness required during summer guest season.
– Able to represent the core values of SFZC internally and externally.
– Ideal candidate would have reasonable familiarity with one or more of SFZC’s centers and its program offerings (preferably as a resident or student), or equivalent work/life experience with non-profit, Buddhist and/or religious organizations.
Open, diverse, spiritual environment. Great position for a well-seasoned administrator, detail-oriented, highly responsive, self-managed person. Eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits after 90 days. Salary starting at $45K, based on experience and skillset. Please note your salary parameters when responding.
To apply, send resume with cover letter and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No telephone calls please.