The Zen Center Board met June 18, 2014, at Green Gulch Farm.
- After an extended presentation, the Board approved moving forward on multiple fronts to develop accommodations for retirees.
- The Board unanimously elected City Center resident Roger Hillyard to fill the remaining term of Fu Schroeder, who has moved from an elected seat to an ex-officio position as the new abiding abbess at Green Gulch Farm.
- The Board approved a new policy permitting—subject to secure technology as vetted by staff—electronic voting for future Board elections.
- The Board approved a loan arrangement made with the Marin Community Foundation to cover the final costs of the Cloud Hall renovation.
- The Board approved a resolution establishing a Presidential and Vice Presidential Search Committee for future openings in those positions. Members will include Chair Larry Bye, Central Abbess Eijun Linda Cutts, and the chairs and co-chairs of the Board’s committees: Brian McCaffrey and Gretchen Rau (Governance), Margie O’Driscoll and Dennis McNally (Development), and Helen Degenhardt (Finance).
- The Board expressed its approval of the selection by Central Abbess Eijun Linda Cutts of the members of the EAR (Ethics and Reconciliation) Council: Grace Dammann, Qayyum Johnson, Lee Lipp, Michael McCord and Gail Claspell.
- Following the business meeting, the Board toured the Cloud Hall construction site and then spent an hour meeting with Green Gulch residents, introducing themselves and taking questions.