Communications Coordinator Position Open
The San Francisco Zen Center is looking for a skilled Communications Coordinator to join its Program Department. The Communications Coordinator is responsible for implementing multiple aspects of communications and marketing to promote San Francisco Zen Center’s programs, events, and membership.
The goals of this position are to create and execute efficient and effective communications campaigns; drive revenues and results on minimal budgets; and communicate SFZC’s core values, identity, and mission.
Key Areas of Work Responsibility:
The primary responsibilities of this position are to:
- Write copy and create graphics for web, email, and print communications;
- Assist in development and implementation of communications and marketing strategies;
- Handle electronic mailing lists and coordinate targeted mailings;
- Develop and implement social media strategies;
- Set up systems to measure results and evaluate campaigns.
Prior communications and marketing experience in relevant organizations or businesses; prior nonprofit experience. Able to function effectively in matrix organizations working with several groups at a time. Good organizational skills; able to effectively track and prioritize multiple projects; able to turn visions and plans into concrete strategies and projects. Able to work both independently and collaboratively; good judgment, knows what questions to ask.
Bachelor’s Degree (BA) or equivalent from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidates should have an understanding of Buddhist practice and values.
Work Skills Required:
- Strong writing and editing skills; ability to craft text for web, email, and print that conveys a sense of offering, rather than selling; able to express SFZC “voice.”
- Graphic design skills (for web, email, and print); demonstrates creativity and flexibility for working within style guidelines; knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal as well as written); able to communicate effectively with a variety of people.
- Ability to conduct market research, collect and interpret analytics and contribute to development of effective marketing strategies for unique programs and populations.
- Strong work ethic; enjoys completing projects and “making it happen”.
- Energetic, upbeat approach; exhibits a clear desire to connect with people and connect people to each other; creative, flexible, good problem-solver; enjoys environments that are evolving and changing; enjoys learning new skills.
Equipment and Technology Skills Required:
Strong computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), and WordPress; position also requires regular use of Constant Contact, Google apps, Facebook, Twitter, and some use of Sales Force. Basic knowledge of HTML.
Annual salary (commensurate with experience) and a generous benefits package.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to SFZCcommunications@sfzc.org and reference “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.