San Francisco Zen Center has an immediate opening at our City Center for a full-time administrator of our event and registration processes, training included.
All three SFZC locations (City Center, Green Gulch Farm and Tassajara) offer events, workshops, retreats, and classes throughout the year, related to deepening and understanding Soto Zen Buddhist meditation, principles, and paths of study. The Event Coordinator is the primary liaison for these events between the guests, the practice centers, and the Programs department staff.
This position is responsible for: supporting events and access to event listings and overnight reservations; managing materials and processes for registration; managing relationships with existing guests and supporting opportunities for relationships with new guests; establishing and communicating welcome to overnight guests and program participants; and ensuring that guests and participants are able to make their reservations at the three practice locations successfully.
- Professional experience in customer service and reservations/reception
- Strong affinity and experience with computer-related tasks and basic business/office technology and procedures
- Able to communicate effectively with guests (customer service), as part of a team/department, and as crew leader
- Well-organized, detailed-oriented, and committed to quality improvement processes
- Able to represent the core values of SFZC internally and externally
- Able to commit through January 31, 2013, with strong possibility of becoming a long-term staffperson
- Ideal candidate would have familiarity with one or more of SFZC’s centers and its program offerings (preferably as a resident or student), or equivalent work/life experience with non-profit, Buddhist and/or religious organizations
Relaxed, open, diverse, spiritual environment. Great position for a well-seasoned administrative, detail-oriented, highly responsive, self-managed person. Eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits after 90 days.
Contact Minoria Franks, Reservation Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.