Design the 2016 No Race T-Shirt
It’s the 39th annual Tassajara No Race, and we’re looking for a design to put on this year’s T-shirt. Send us your drawing, and if it’s chosen, it will be unveiled to great acclaim on the day of the No Race.
A Concise History of No Race
The San Francisco Zen Center “No Race” (a race that is not a race) is an annual event held each spring at Tassajara. Now in its 39th year, this annual event was established as a way to encourage invited guests to gather together once a year, share a weekend at Tassajara, eat good food, and run, jog, or walk the five miles from the Tassajara gate up to the ridge to admire the view and perhaps to reflect. This warm and simple weekend quickly became a greatly treasured tradition and continues to this day. The No Race T-shirt contest was developed in keeping with the “simple good fun” tone of the event and serves to commemorate the gathering each year, with the unveiling of the chosen design during the No Race weekend serving as a much-anticipated moment for both the guests and the entire Zen Center community.
- This year’s No Race theme is “An Ethical Life”
- Submission deadline is March 1
- Designs are limited to two colors of ink (but you can also suggest a color for the T-shirt fabric)
- Designs must include the text “Tassajara No Race 2016”
- Submit by paper or electronically:
- Paper: Send an 8.5 x 11 sheet of white paper to SFZC Development Office, 293 Page Street, San Francisco, CA 94102. (Be
sure to include your name on the back of your submission.)
- Electronically: Email 300dpi file to email@example.com