SFZC Is Looking for an Event Coordinator — Immediate Opening
San Francisco Zen Center is a collection of three practice centers offering Zen meditation, training and programs in San Francisco, Marin and Carmel Valley. We have an immediate opening at our San Francisco center for a full-time facilitator of our reservations and registration processes for our City Center location (with some Green Gulch oversight). Training will be provided.
All three SFZC locations have events, workshops, retreats and classes throughout the year, related to deepening and understanding Soto-Zen Buddhist principles and paths of study. The Event Coordinator is the first contact for guests regarding reservations and registration, and an essential facilitator of event logistics; they serve as an important liaison between the guests, the practice centers and the Programs Department staff.
This position is responsible for: supporting events and access to event listings; managing materials and processes for registrations; monitoring and troubleshooting challenges with communication; managing relationships with existing guests and supporting opportunities for relationships with new guests; establishing and communicating welcome to overnight guests and program participants; and ensuring that they are able to make their reservations successfully.
– Professional experience in customer service and reservations/reception.
– Strong affinity and experience with computer-related tasks and basic business/office technology and procedures.
– Able to communicate effectively with guests (customer service) and as part of an interdepartmental collaborative team.
– Well-organized, detailed-orientated, and committed to quality improvement processes.
– Flexible schedule (including occasional weekends) and remote access to technology would be ideal to help meet event needs.
– Able to represent the core values of SFZC internally and externally.
– Ideal candidate would have familiarity with one or more of SFZC’s centers and its program offerings (preferably as a resident or student), or equivalent work/life experience with non-profit, Buddhist and/or religious organizations.
Open, diverse, spiritual environment. Great position for a flexible event manager, collaborative superstar, detail-oriented, highly responsive, self-managed person. Eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits after 90 days. Hourly position, 30-40 hours per week, $18/hr.
To apply, send resume with cover letter to: email@example.com. Please do not post replies to this blog post.
Position is open until filled. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No telephone calls please.