Call for Applications: Part-Time Tassajara Reservations Specialist Needed
Update as of 12/17/2014: position filled
(January 5, 2015 – September 13, 2015)
San Francisco Zen Center is a collection of three practice centers offering Zen meditation, training and programs in San Francisco, Marin and Carmel Valley. We have an opening at our San Francisco center for a part-time reservations specialist for Tassajara (our Carmel Valley location).
From the end of April through mid-September, Tassajara opens its gates to guests for the Summer Guest Season, turning to the work of serving the community at large and sharing the experience of Zen practice and the joys of Tassajara.
Responsibilities of the Tassajara Reservations Specialist include but are not limited to facilitating mail-in, online and phone reservations, providing excellent guest service through phone and email conversation, handling high call volume, and discussing detailed information about Tassajara.
- Strong computer proficiency, including typing skills and the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems.
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and listening skills.
- Prior customer service experience.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, to support the following operating hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 7:00 pm, and Saturday through Sunday, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. This role is part time and requires full availability for any shift—including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to represent the core values of SFZC internally and externally.
- Familiarity with Tassajara or SFZC preferred.
This is a part-time position (20-30 hours a week) with an hourly wage of $15/hour. To apply, send resume with cover letter to: tassrezcoordinator@sfzc. org. Position is open until filled. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No telephone calls please.