Skip to content

July 18, 2014

Volunteer Needed for GGF Garden Items at SF Ferry Plaza Stand

A volunteer is needed to help at the Green Gulch produce stand at the Ferry Plaza Farmers’ Market in San Francisco. Responsibility would be primarily for selling the flower bouquets, herbs, and fruit, from approximately 7 – 11 am every Saturday. Full commitment through September is preferred, but all are encouraged to inquire. Reply to Lauren Bouyea at garden@sfzc.org.

8 Comments Post a comment
  1. Courtney
    Jul 23 2014

Hello, I love the farmers market and have been looking for volunteer opportunities. I am available sporadic Saturday mornings, perhaps I would be of service if you need me? Please feel free to contact me, I look forward to seeing how I can become involved.
    Courtney

2. Jul 23 2014

i have practiced at city center for 10 years. i have worked retail sales at Acme Bread in the Ferry Bldg. i have also worked retail sales at F. Teldeschi Winery in Dry Creek Valley. home phone: 415-279-8278

3. Jay Pennington
    Jul 23 2014

Thanks for responding, Courtney and Paula! I’ll have the garden manager contact you directly.

4. Jul 24 2014

I’m good at making the right change in a sale and giving prompt service with a smile. I can interact with the public well since I can answer their questions on GGF, the City Center, Greens and SF’s cultural history including the scoop on the Ferry Building. Many shoppers like to know this. As a member of the Zen Center I’d like to volunteer through Sept.and I can start immediately. I shop at my local farmers’ market sold my services as a consultant.

• Jay Pennington
      Jul 24 2014

Thanks, Sally. Just to be safe, why don’t you email your note directly to the garden manager, at garden@sfzc.org.

5. Jul 29 2014

Jay, How things are coming along for choosing a volunteer? Sally

• Jay Pennington
      Jul 31 2014

Sally,
      Lauren tells me she received everyone’s info, but please check with her directly for an update: garden@sfzc.org. Thanks for your interest!
      All the best,
      Jay

6. Lauren Bouyea
    Jul 31 2014

Hello all! Thanks so much for your interest and enthusiasm for helping at farmer’s market! We’re pretty set for the moment, but things do have a tendency to change unexpectedly, so I will be in touch if help is needed. Thanks again – I’m touched by your willingness to help out.